Over the last two years, crypto payments has been rapidly gaining ground in travel domain. Lot of OTA’s, tour operators and B2B distribution companies are now accepting crypto payments.
Travala.com ( OTA ) — accepts BTC, XRP, ETH, BCH, XLM, EOS, USDT, LTC, DASH, ETC, ZEC, DOGE, OMG, ZRX, DGB
Expedia ( OTA ) — accepts BTC
Cheapair.com ( OTA ) — accepts BTC, BCH, DASH, LTC
Future.Travel ( OTA ) — accepts BTC
Guest-rooms.com ( OTA ) — accepts BTC
Like wise currently there are around more than thirty travel companies accepting crypto payments.
Why travel companies are now enforcing crypto payments?
- Lower Transaction Fees — Transaction fees are lower with crypto payments than with credit cards, and when cryptocurrency is not exchanged, it also eliminates the need for bank charges.
- Fraud Eliminations— A payment made with bitcoin cannot be reversed after the fact. This is different from credit card payments, which can be reversed using charge backs, a feature often exploited by fraudsters.
- Instant Payments — Credit card payments can take days or even weeks to come through. Meanwhile, cryptocurrency offers instant transfers.
- No Barriers — It’s P2P, cryptocurrency makes international trade more accessible by removing barriers and restrictions to trade, ultimately making it easier to accept payments in different currencies.
- Attract New Customers — As bitcoin is still a fairly new method of payment, offering it as an option for your customers could help you bring in new business.
- Get Ahead of Your Competition — By being an early adopter of cryptocurrency, you can gain a competitive advantage over your competition.
- Recognition at Universal Level —Since cryptocurrency is not bound by the exchange rates, interest rates, transactions charges or other charges of any country; therefore it can be used at an international level without experiencing any problems. Cryptocurrency operates at the universal level and hence makes transactions quite easy.
- Own Currency — Travel companies are getting a chance to lunch their own currency through ICO, which is beneficial for them in long run. There are around 21 travel cryptocurrencies are available in current market and many more to come in couple of years.
crypto payments are hugely adopted by travel companies and it’s adding lot of value to their business in big way.